+381 11 2686707
Đure Jakšića 3
11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Austrian furniture market chain "Kika" will open a department store worth about 30m EUR in Belgrade's settlement Bežanijska Kosa (Partizanske Avijacije Street) on November 26th. Having the surface of about 22,600 square meters, "Kika Beograd" is the largest furniture showroom in Serbia.
At the end of November 2009., over 30,000 articles, from furniture to textile and household articles, will be exhibited within the retail space of 11,000 square meters. The offer will include both cheap products and internationally designed high-quality products.
- Opening of the showroom in Belgrade is the sign that we keep expanding our business, and it is our next important step towards strengthening the position in central European market - says Paul Koch, the CEO of "Kika/Leiner" Group.
- We have created 200 new jobs by having the new furniture showroom built - said Zoran Mladenović, the Manager of "Kika" showroom in Belgrade.
- "Kika" currently cooperates with 15 Serbian suppliers and its aim is to establish cooperation with even larger number of local partners. Stable network and good relations with local partners certainly represent great advantages, which we have already experienced in the countries such as Hungary and Romania. In Romania, where "Kika" opened its first furniture showroom at the end of of the last year, about 36 local partners supply goods to "Kika/Leiner Group" and, thus, enable export worth about 15m EUR. The Group in Hungary has about 60 local partners. Therefore, "Kika" sees its new location in Serbia as one step further towards creation of new contacts with trade partners, strengthening of existing bonds and, consequently, positive influence on economic development - said the people in company "Kika".
"Kika" in Serbia
- After thorough and detailed market research, we are sure that Serbia is the country with great potential. That is why the entrance to the market of Serbia represented logical next step in our expansion - says Paul Koch, the CEO of "Kika/Leiner Group".
As he explained, selection of Serbia for the new location of "Kika" is the result of favorable geographic position of the country.
- The advantage of this position lies in central geostrategic position of Serbia in east Europe. Eight neighboring countries and well-developed infrastructure, as well as good connections with maritime and rail traffic, clearly make Serbia the destination for expansion. In addition, rapidly growing economy and, primarily, large area around Belgrade provide great potential for "Kika" - says Koch and explains that "Kika" concept has been conceived for the territory of Europe, but it still leaves room for adaptation to individual countries.
- With strong local managerial team, it is possible to ensure optimal implementation of our concept - said he.
- That means that "Kika" can react on local demands. For this reason, "Kika" cooperates and works with local suppliers and manufacturers. In that way it supports Serbian economy sector, expands our trade relations, and makes it possible for "Kika" customers to choose between local and global products. During the next few years, the company plans to additionally increase and improve its presence in east Europe. The expansion will be resumed at full steam - says Koch.