+381 11 2686707
Đure Jakšića 3
11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Processing and auxiliary buildings of the ironworks "Smederevo" cover the area of 300 ha, and on the area of 100 ha the auxiliary facilities were built outside the compound of the plant.
Janko Lisjak, Vatrostalna, Svetlost
§ Within the complex GP "Rad" built about 360 different facilities with complete infrastmcture. The main buildings are: Cold Rolling Plant of the area 100,000 m2. The main structure is steel, founded on piles, continuous footing and spot footing on the depth of 14 m and 26 m. The steel surface is 40,000 m2 with the steel supporting construction, founded on piles, spot footing; it is used for obtaining steel from pig iron.
§ The blast Furnace into which 20,000 m3 of concrete and 2,000 tons of reinforcement were built, is the most complex structure forwhich the special procedure was applied for deep foundation structures 20 m under the terrain surface and about 10 m below the water plane. It was done by lowering the open caissons dim. 30 x 18 m with the wall thickness 1.6 m and by welded watertight steel lined skip.
§ The development programmes were planned for 1,50,000 tons of steel. Until 1985 the processing plants with the following characteristics were built:
- aglomeration with 2 sinter belts of 75 m'- area and yearly capacity of 600,000 tons each;
- the first blast furnace with the capacity 720,000 tons of steel. The diameter of the furnace is 7.00 m and the working volume 1,033 n n;
- convertor steel works of the capacity 840,000 tons per year;
- hot rolling plant produces 1,000,000 tons of rolled bands and sheets;
- cold rolling plant produces 800,000 tons of sheets and bands;
- reversible crushers are of the capacity 120 t/h;
- central laboratory;
- the auxhiliaiy facilities within the complex consist of glowing plant, electrolytic de-greasing line, packing and cutting;
- control of the technological processes is automatic.